Pages

July 11, 2012

Skyward Sword

Overall, this game is still a Zelda game in my eyes. Just a few drawbacks of occasional controller issues and slightly easier than an average Zelda. Nevertheless, there were puzzles where I was stumped for a while. There was monsters and bosses that gave me some trouble (had three game overs thanks to the Imprisoned). There were new and returning items that I liked as well (a big fan of the Double Clawshot from Twilight Princess). The music and gameplay still retain that 3D Zelda feel. It's all there like a Zelda game should be. However, I really appreciate the story a bit.

It explains to us two key reasons why this series is re-occurring. However I'm not going to mention it since they're spoilers, but playing the game will answer those questions though. A little hint is that it deals with the Skyward Sword and it deals with the Imprisoned. Aside from that, anyone can learn the rest in the game. It's not too hard to find out (or Zelda Wiki if you're really that desperate). Also, Fi was ok. She was no Midna (my favorite), but that's a good thing anyway. Nothing wrong doing her own thing, thought a little weird calling Link "Master." Was a little creepy at first, but she was useful so I can't complain too much.

But yes, it's a good Zelda game. I'm not sure the top of the series, but it's pretty up there for me.

No comments: